Need to turn your logs into usable lumber? We’re happy to help! Bring your logs to the mill and we’ll cut, dry and plan them to your specification.
If you have standing trees you’d like harvested, take a look at our timber buying services.
Custom Sawing Fees & Specifications
$300/1000 BF sawed
$400/1000 BF: 18′ – 22′ and/or 24″ – 32″ in diameter
$500/1000 BF: 24′ and/or 32″ – 36″ in diameter
Minimum fee: $30
Nail Damage Fee: Minimum $30 + actual cost of repairs our equipment
Minimum log length: 96 inches
Maximum log length: 28 feet
Minimum log diameter: 8 inches (measured on small end)
Maximum log diameter: 40 inches (measured on small end)
- Nail damage is understood to mean damage caused by embedded foreign material within a log.
- Customers shall pay for sawing fees and nail damage prior to the shipment or picking up of finished lumber.
- Lumber must be removed from the sawmill premises within 30 days of notification that your logs have been cut. After 30 days, a daily storage fee will be added to your total bill.
- Lumber left over 60 days will be sold to pay the sawing and storage fees.
- Logs must be properly cut and trimmed.
- Heartwood Mills shall not be held responsible for loss, theft, stain, insect, or other damage to either logos or lumber belonging to any customer.
- Logs and lumber are left on Heartwood Mills property at the customer’s own risk.